Family Christmas Picture

Family Christmas Picture

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pantry Raid

I seriously need to go grocery shopping. With Labor day weekend, Family outings, & BBQ's I have been avoiding doing a big grocery run. I have been picking up little things here & there by going every few days. I finally sat down made my meal plan & got started on my grocery list. I soon realized that pay day is in a few days & I prefer to plan my meals from paycheck to pay check if that makes any sense. So I decided to wait it out a few more days & use up stuff I already have. This is what I came up with.... drum roll Spaghetti with Sweet Sausage! Yummy!! I forgot to take a picture of it on the actual plate. We ate it before I got chance to picture it. Hubby came home that day extra hungry!! The first thing I noticed when I opened the fridge was that I a had a new package of Jhonsonville Sweet Sausage that we didn't use when we grilled the previous weekend. I took it out & opened my cabinets & had one pack of spaghetti & one jar of sauce left! Perfect! I also noticed a long forgotten lonely tomato in my veggie storage. I forgot to take a picture of the sausage in the pack.
First thing I did was brown the sausage in the pan
Meanwhile I seasoned my water to boil my spaghetti.
After I browned the sausage I took it out, in went the chopped tomato I added some Mrs. Dash Italian seasoning to the tomato. It smelled amazing as everything was sautéing. While the tomato was sautéing I sliced the sausage, the middle was still pink but that was ok since I knew it would finish cooking once we throw everything together to simmer. once the tomatoes were done I put the sausage back in, threw in the sauce simmered it while I drained the pasta, I did reserve some of the pasta water to put in the sauce mixture. Once I was done simmering I mixed the spaghetti in & used tongs to make sure everything was distributed added cheese & it was done!
It was so easy & fast to make & everyone loved it! They all got seconds and my hubby had it as a late night snack & still had some leftover for his lunch the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment